Tuesday 5 February 2013

WHO ARE YOU ?


I am always baffled and sometimes entirely lost whenever I try to comprehend some thoughtful quotes about “knowing oneself”. It makes me wonder again and again what is it I have to know in myself or about myself, I often curiously ask myself is it my characters, my attitude, my behavior, or my destiny?, What are the actual differences within them? Which of these do I actually design myself? These questions always lead me to more other questions than answers. I doubt it, if those metaphysical features that make up my personality are the reasons why some people hate and why some like me, and why I hate some people and why I like some people. I guess they are not, because these features are too abstract and the fact that there is no correct perceptive skills or a universal systematic measurement to comprehend or measure such abstract properties. Therefore, it would be unreasonable to believe people’s judgments on my personality or for anyone to believe my judgment on their personality, because everyone is actually seeing through a self-constructed paradigm/lens. And you know what a lens sees is determined by how it is twisted (I know that because I use to have a DSLR camera). Consistently, Jamaica Kincaid wrote in “Autobiography of my Mother” and I quote; …who you are is a mystery that nobody can answer not even you… So why should I make myself a victim of other people’s opinion, their opinion is created by them and for them, it is never for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment